28. Februar 2016

red books I've read ❤

Welcome to my first blog post!
I'm quite excited to write my first post & I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. :)


I'm a book addict since half a year. My obsession with books started when I've read The Hunger Games trilogy and now i can't give books out of my hands.

Today i will show you some of my orange and red books in a color gradient! 
Of course i will tell you a little bit about those books and if they're worth reading.


from left to the right:

Scheiß auf die anderen by Rebecca Niazi-Shahabi
Rating:  ★★★✰✰ ( 3 / 5 )

"Scheiß auf die anderen" does literally mean "fuck what others think" and is a guide about being happy with yourself and not caring about what others think about you. This book has 208 pages and came out in October 2015.

I've won this book on www.lovelybooks.de at a time where I wasn't really happy with myself, because I couldn't encourage myself in finding a new job, but this book really showed me that I should think about myself and listen to my mind. I should do what ever I want.
I really loved the cover, because it's really cute, the color of the book is dark red and there is a little pink dog on the front page of the cover, but I didn't really see why the dog fits to this guide.
The book has many interesting facts and the author was really funny sometimes but the facts were repeated too many times but in different words. I liked her writing style, but in the end I was very happy that I've finished the book, because it was really wordy at the end. I guess guide books aren't written for me.
I'll still give this book 3 out of 5 stars, because it encouraged me in looking for a new job and I learned to calm down after a stressful day!

The football factory by John King
Rating:  ★★★★✰ ( 4 / 5 )

This book has 445 pages and the first edition came out in 1997.
The football Factory is a book about the 80's where the hooligan scene were very active in Great Britain. This book is about a group of friends, chelsea fans and hooligans who will fight you, if you hate their favorite football club.
I saw the movie years ago and that's why I've read the book after it.
The movie and the book are slightly different, but you can still see the common theme. I like the authors writing style, because it's nothing for cry babies and feels like a hooligan would talk to you.
This book gets a 4 out of 5 stars rating, because the end didn't give me a message, so it disaffected me, but I love football and this book idea is really rare.

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Rating:  ★★★✰✰ ( 3 / 5 )

Inkheart is the first book of the Inkworld trilogy and has 567 pages. It came out in 2003 and is a fantasy / juvenile book. 
I've read it a long time ago and Inkheart is about a girl and her father who has magically strengths, because he can "create" a world by reading books. But this isn't all fun and games because there is always a villain...
Cornelia Funke's writing style was so dreamy and i liked her words, but the beginning of the book was really wordy. The story was so unique, but I wouldn't 
read Inkheart again, because I got older and developed myself... It's not the kind of fantasy story I like to read anymore. That's why I give 3 out of 5 stars.

The maze runner: The scorch trials by James Dashner
Rating:  ★★★✰✰ ( 3 / 5 )

The Maze runner: The scorch trials is the second book of the Maze runner trilogy. It has 496 pages and came out in 2012. I have to say that I liked the first and the third book more than this one.
After the escape out of the labyrinth Thomas and his friends have to go out into the desert to find the save harbour. If they don't find the harbour within two weeks they will get infected with a virus. But no one knows about Group B or the traitor Teresa and they still get manipulated...
This book was thrilling, because everything was a big mystery and you couldn't see what happened next. But every character, except Thomas, was really cold and I thought I didn't know them all although I've read the first book too. Dashner didn't describe the feelings and thoughts of the others really well and some of Dashner's ideas in the book were really weird and that's why I removed two stars...

Mosquitoland by David Arnold 
Rating:  ★★★★★ ( 5 / 5 )

Mosquitoland was my book surprise in 2015! This book came out in August 2015 and has 384 pages.
Mosquitoland is about a girl called Mim and she is a girl full of mysteries. Her father married another woman and they moved into another state. But Mim wants to see her mom again, because she finds out that her mom is deadly ill.
She decides to go on a road trip and this young teenage girl, full of humor, finds new friends on her journey...
This book reminds me of a John Green book, because of the story! Mosquitoland is full of feelings, thoughts and humor and that's why I love this book with all my heart.
It's a book about important themes like depression, damaged families, disabilities and suicide and really worth reading it because you should pay attention to those important things. 5 out of 5 stars, because this is one of my favorite books in 2015.


So this was my first post on blogspot and I hope you'll enjoy reading my future posts... I hope you have a great day! See you soon!
If you want to check out my instagram, it's @r.0segold. :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen